Outdoor Spaces & Entertaining
With summer just around the corner – it’s time to start thinking about freshening up your outdoor spaces and places!
I know that I am busy planning my various outdoor parties for the summer. I like to change up my outdoor fabrics in the newest colors and patterns as well as making sure my patio pots are in full bloom with wonderful flowers and plants.
At my home we have three outdoor covered patios – which are so great in our Northwest region. We get frequent requests from our clients for outdoor entertaining areas – something that can be enjoyed all year long.
We encourage our clients to take their porch or patio to the next level this time of year. Adding area rugs, cozy seating, tables and lighting can create a wonderful outside living room.
When planning your outdoor space, choose materials carefully – with all-weather furnishings and fabrics. Here’s a great article from Houzz with 15 Ways to Get Your Home in a Summer Mood.
Entertaining is in full swing this time of year – so invite friends for weekend visits early on because everyone gets busy this time of year.
As for a good checklist for the summer months, here are the chores that I try to accomplish:
- With your garden furniture outside – enjoy dinner on the patio every night!
- Enjoy the garden – it’s a wonderful way to relieve stress!
- Pick flowers for arrangements and dry others to keep through the winter.
- Order bulbs now for fall planting.
- Do outdoor cleaning jobs. Wash all the windows, clean out the garage, wash the outside of the house.
For a more complete checklist check out this Houzz article.
Summer is short – so invite your friends, entertain, and enjoy your outdoor spaces!